Interesting ‘coincidence’. This new information fits snuggly into the timeline from our [previous thread](https://www.reddit.com/r/Keep_Track/comments/ag3xcs/trump_confiscated_notes_of_putin_meeting_right/).
###July 7-8, 2017
* G-20 summit in Hamburg, first encounter with Putin
###July 7, 2017 (morning)
* NYT informs White House that it learned of Trump Tower meeting, asks for comment.
###July 7, 2017 (afternoon)
* Trump and Putin meet, accompanied by Tillerson, Lavrov, and their interpreters. Trump seizes interpreter’s notes, orders them not to brief senior NSC or State Dept. aides about conversation
###July 7, 2017 (evening)
* Trump speaks with Putin, only Putin’s interpreter present. Meeting not revealed publicly until July 18. Trump doesn’t inform own staff about meeting.
###July 8, 2017
* Trump dictates misleading statement about Trump Tower meeting for Trump Jr. to release. WH repeatedly lies that this occurred.
* NYT publishes story on Trump Tower meeting. First time anyone publicly learns of it.
* *Trump tells NYT reporter that Russia was “falsely accused of election interference”.*
###July 11, 2017
* NYT publishes story that Trump Jr. knew in advance that Russian government intended to provide dirt on Clinton at Trump Tower meeting.
###July 19, 2017
* In NYT interview, Trump lies that he talked to Putin about adoptions. Says that there was nothing inappropriate with Trump Tower meeting.
>The day after the two meetings, as Mr. Trump was on Air Force One taking off from Germany heading back to Washington, he telephoned a Times reporter and argued that the Russians were falsely accused of election interference. While he insisted most of the conversation be off the record, he later repeated a few things in public in little-noticed asides.
>“He said that he raised the election hacking three times and that Mr. Putin denied involvement,” the Times report continues. “But he said Mr. Putin also told him that ‘if we did, we wouldn’t have gotten caught because we’re professionals.’ Mr. Trump said: ‘I thought that was a good point because they are some of the best in the world’ at hacking.”