*(edit: see update at bottom of post)*
This will be a quick post because I’m in the middle of starting a new project (to be announced shortly). But I think this is important to note:
Today Trump [tweeted](https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1129394914427453442) an accusation that no one told him Michael Flynn, his former National Security Adviser, was under investigation.
>It now seems the General Flynn was under investigation long before was common knowledge. It would have been impossible for me to know this but, if that was the case, and with me being one of two people who would become president, why was I not told so that I could make a change?
This simply isn’t true. Trump was warned many times. These are only the instances that are public knowledge:
1. Obama [warned Trump](https://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-obama-warned-trump-against-hiring-1494258082-htmlstory.html) in Nov 2016 (Hope Hick and Steve Bannon both [told the FBI](https://www.emptywheel.net/2019/05/17/in-a-bid-to-jettison-flynn-trump-suggests-hope-hicks-and-steve-bannon-lied-to-the-fbi/) that Trump was stewing about the warning in December 2016)
2. Pence was [warned by](https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article137853633.html) Elijah Cummings in Nov 2016
2. Chris Christie [warned him](https://www.politico.com/states/new-jersey/story/2017/12/06/christie-warning-about-flynn-among-reasons-i-was-fired-from-trump-transition-136432) (and says his warnings were a reason he was fired from Trump team)
3. Sally Yates [warned him](https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/timeline-sally-yates-warnings-white-house-mike-flynn/story?id=47272979) (and Trump waited *weeks* before finally terminating Flynn)
4. Flynn himself [told McGahn](https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/us/politics/michael-flynn-donald-trump-national-security-adviser.html) he was under investigation “weeks before Trump’s inauguration”)
In case you aren’t aware of why Flynn is suddenly in the news: A federal judge on Thursday unsealed court records in Flynn’s case and ordered that prosecutors make public a transcript of a phone call that Flynn tried hard to hide with a lie: his conversation with a Russian ambassador in late 2016.
> The Flynn court records revealed Thursday show that the fired first national security adviser helped Mueller’s investigation on at least three prongs: as the special counsel looked into interaction between the Trump transition team and Russia, WikiLeaks’ release of emails during the presidential campaign and the President’s efforts to interfere with the investigation. Flynn also assisted the Eastern District of Virginia and prosecutors from the Justice Department’s National Security Division with a now-open case against his former lobbying partner, who allegedly worked illegally for Turkey. [Source](https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/17/politics/donald-trump-michael-flynn/index.html)
>U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan in Washington ordered the government also to provide a public transcript of a November 2017 voice mail involving Flynn. In that sensitive call, President Trump’s attorney left a message for Flynn’s attorney reminding him of the president’s fondness for Flynn at a time when Flynn was considering cooperating with federal investigators. . . . Sullivan also ordered that still-redacted portions of the Mueller report that relate to Flynn be given to the court and made public.
>The voice mail was from John Dowd, President Trump’s former personal lawyer who, according to The Post, “tried to learn whether Flynn had any problematic information about the president after Flynn’s attorney signaled his client might begin cooperating with Mueller’s investigators.” [Source](https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/05/17/why-flynn-revelations-are-so-important/?utm_term=.2710491a806e)
**Edit: Breaking now, Michael Flynn reached out on Twitter last April to Mueller critic Rep. Gaetz, telling him to “keep the pressure on.”**
Gaetz says he didn’t respond to the DM, sent while Flynn was cooperating w/ Mueller. https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/17/politics/michael-flynn-mueller-matt-gaetz/index.html